Roasted Cauliflower Cakes a recipe makes 4 small patties, or 2 large ones. Smaller patties can be covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. This recipe can also be made into even smaller patties for entertaining. Simply top bite-sized patties with lemon yogurt sauce and some frisée for garnish.
- 1 head cauliflower, stems removed and cut into medium-sized florets
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus extra for serving
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3-4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
1/2 head frisée, bottom cut off and leaves separated, roughly chopped
Juice from 1/2 lemon
Prepare Roasted Cauliflower Cakes
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place cauliflower and garlic on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and gently toss to coat. Roast for 25-30 minutes, until softened.
- Transfer cauliflower to a food processor and pulse until mixture is coarse. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in butter, Parmigiano-Reggiano, flour, 1/2 egg (discard extra egg or save for later use) and breadcrumbs. Add more breadcrumbs if mixture is too wet to hold together. Form mixture into 4 round patties (cover and refrigerate 2 patties for later use).
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine frisée, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add patties and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Transfer patties to a serving plate and top with frisée salad.