Pasta With Creamy Avocado Sauce an easy and delicious recipe to prepare with which you will surprise your whole family.
While avocados are slightly high in fat, that’s absolutely no reason to shy away from them. They contain monounsaturated fat, which has been shown to reduce the bad LDL cholesterol levels in your blood, lowering your risk for heart disease and stroke.
In addition, they are high in vitamin E, which helps maintain good, overall health as well as oleic acid, which has been shown to prevent breast cancer in numerous studies. And this super quick recipe is a great way to enjoy them.
This recipe was inspired by a recipe I saw on Oh She Glows, and it’s really easy to make (the sauce is no-cook) and is ready in the time it takes to make the pasta. The sauce is nice and creamy and it’s a healthy and satisfying way to get more avocados into your diet. You can use any kind of pasta you prefer but a whole-wheat version makes it an even healthier recipe.
For a more intense avocado flavor, use avocado oil instead of olive oil, which can usually be found at Whole Foods Market.
Pasta With Creamy Avocado Sauce Ingredients
- 2 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- a small (or half of 1 large) Hass avocado
- 1 scallion, white and light green parts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus extra zest for serving
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
How to Prepare it
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add salt. Add pasta and cook for 7-10 minutes, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, cut avocado in half, remove pit and scoop out flesh. Dice and add to a food processor along with scallion, parsley, lemon zest and juice and season with salt and pepper. Pulse until combined. Slowly stream in olive oil until mixture is smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary (it should have a nice lemony bite to it).
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of pasta water. Transfer pasta to a medium bowl and toss with avocado sauce (add in some pasta water to thin out sauce, until desired consistency). Transfer to a serving bowl and top with additional lemon zest and a drizzle of olive oil and serve immediately.