kale + feta salad Inspired by a salad that I had from a local food truck in Boston, this is rapidly becoming one of my favorite go-to staples. It’s super quick to prepare (even quicker if you use pre-made breadcrumbs) – just be sure that the breadcrumbs aren’t too fine as you’ll want some texture to them so that they balance really well against the creamy feta cheese. The amount of cheese you use is entirely up to you, but more is never a bad thing in my option.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 bunch curly kale, stemmed, washed, dried and roughly chopped
2 ounces crumbled feta cheese, or to taste
How to prepare a kale + feta salad
1. In a medium non-stick pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and garlic and toast for about 5 minutes, until lightly golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine mustard and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Slowly pour in olive oil, whisking to emulsify.
3. Place kale in a large bowl and toss with vinaigrette until well coated. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes until kale is slightly wilted. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with feta and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper and serve.