Grilled Summer Squash Flatbread is Perfectly charred and full of great summertime flavor, fresh summer squash pairs beautifully with goat cheese and thyme in this really easy flatbread.
2 tablespoons goat cheese, at room temperature
2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated, plus extra for serving
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup summer squash, thinly sliced
1/4 cup zucchini, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided, plus extra for drizzling
Cooking spray, for greasing
1/2 small pizza dough, about 5 ounces
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
How to prepare Grilled Summer Squash Flatbread
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
2. In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Place vegetables in a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook until lightly charred on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
4. Spray grill with cooking spray.
5. Gently stretch dough into a rectangle, making sure not to get dough too thin. Brush 1 tablespoon oil on one side on pizza and place oiled side down on grill and cook for about 5 minutes, until bottom is lightly charred. Flip dough and brush top side with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Carefully spread goat cheese mixture over top of pizza, followed by onion slices. Place summer squash and zucchini slices over top, overly slightly as you go. Add thyme and cook until bottom is lightly charred and cheese is melted, about 5-7 minutes.
6. Transfer pizza dough to a cutting board and top with additional grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and a drizzle of olive oil. Cut pizza into slices and serve.