grilled fish taco, do you love tacos? Well, these are the end-all be-all. Read on to see what makes these tacos so special. Placing the fish in an aluminum foil packet on the grill works perfectly while the vegetables for the taco grill at the same time.
Cooking spray, for greasing
1/4 teaspoon cumin
Pinch chili powder
1/2 teaspoon honey
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
3 ounces fresh cod or haddock
Juice from 1/2 lime
1-2 slices red onion
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
1 flour tortilla
Tomatillo sauce, for serving
Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped, for serving
Fresh lime juice, for serving
How to prepare grilled fish tacos
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
2. Spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine cumin, chile powder, honey and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place fish in center of foil piece and brush with sauce. Drizzle fish with lime juice and enclose foil.
4. Drizzle red onion and scallion with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook until lightly charred on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool. When cool enough to handle, roughly chop and set aside.
5. Meanwhile, place packet of fish on grill and cook for about 7-8 minutes, until fish is cooked through. Remove and allow to cool.
6. To serve, place tomatillo sauce down center of tortilla and top with fish, breaking up into slightly smaller pieces. Top fish with red onion, scallions and fresh cilantro. Drizzle with lime juice and serve.