frisee salad with lemon vinaigrette a delicious plate, There is something about frisée lettuce that I really just love. It’s a bit crazy looking for a lettuce but its mild flavor makes it a perfect canvas for any number of salads and this is one of my favorite ways to use it. It’s light and refreshing and elegant enough to increase for entertaining.
1 cup fresh green and yellow beans, trimmed
3 asparagus stalks, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 head frisée, bottom cut off and leaves separated
1/4 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
1 radish, thinly sliced
Frisee salad with lemon vinaigrette How to Prepare
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Add green and yellow beans and asparagus and blanch for 3-4 minutes, until color is bright. Remove with slotted spoon and place in a bowl of ice water to cool.
2. In a small bowl, combine mustard and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil to emulsify.
3. Place frisée on a serving plate. Remove cooled vegetables and pat dry with a paper towel. Place on top of frisée, along with fennel and radish slices. Pour vinaigrette over salad and serve.