Roasted jalapeno crema is perfect served with a grilled rib-eye steak. Delicious sauce – we make it whenever we have Mexican food and it’s even great drizzled on simple roast chicken to give it a bit of kick, or a sauce on burgers!
- 2 jalapeño peppers, cut in half and seeded
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Juice from 1/2 lime
How to Prepare roasted jalapeno crema
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place peppers on a baking sheet and toss with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes, turning once halfway through, until lightly charred. Set aside to cool.
2. When cool enough to handle, remove charred skin from peppers and discard. Place peppers in a food processor along with sour cream and lime juice. Purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes approximately 1/4 cup.
Is a medium-sized chili pepperpod typecultivar of the species Capsicum annuum. A mature jalapeño chili is 5–10 cm (2–4 in) long and hangs down with a round, firm, smooth flesh of 25–38 mm (1–1+1⁄2 in) wide. It can have a range of pungency, with Scoville heat units of 3,500 to 8,000. Commonly picked and consumed while still green, it is occasionally allowed to fully ripen and turn red, orange, or yellow. It is wider and generally milder than the similar Serrano pepper.