kiwi sushi rolls I love making this recipe because it always impresses my guests. It’s a light and fruity interpretation of regular sushi that’s really fun to eat and beautiful to serve.
In these days of revolution and restlessness, we want you to feel good. Everything is going to be fine. For this reason, we continue to propose recipes for you to prepare at home and enjoy with whoever you most want. We’re going to Japan! Yes, because today’s proposal is “kiwi sushi rolls“. Sushi is still a trend and if you add a little kiwi to it, it will turn into something surprising.
kiwi sushi rolls Recipe
- 1/2 cup sushi rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 kiwi, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Place rice in a strainer and rinse under cold water until water runs clear, about 3-5 minutes. Allow rice to dry in strainer for 10 minutes.
2. Place rice and water in a saucepan and cook, covered, over high heat for about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook until rice is tender, 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered for 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in agave nectar and salt. Transfer to refrigerator and allow to cool for at least 2 hours.
3. In a food processor, purée strawberries until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan and simmer over low heat. Add sugar (adjust amount of sugar based on sweetness of strawberries) and lemon juice and cook for about 5 minutes, until sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Lay out a piece of plastic wrap, and add rice, forming into a shape about 7 x 7 inches in size (wet your hands if necessary to prevent rice from sticking). Spread kiwi over rice in a horizontal line near edge closest to you. Begin rolling sushi by picking up end of plastic wrap nearest you, and pull up over fruit until rice reaches rice on other side of fruit. Press plastic wrap down slightly to secure as a roll. Continue rolling bundle to far edge (it should completely enclose rice in a roll shape). Transfer to a cutting board and remove roll from plastic.
5. To serve, slice ends off of each roll with a sharp knife and slice each roll into equal pieces. Place a circle of strawberry sauce on plate and place a piece of sushi in its center. Continue with remaining sushi. Serve immediately.
Makes approximately 6 pieces.