You will love the recipe for picadillo llanero that we share with you today. If you are a meat and vegetable lover, this dish is perfect for you. The best thing about this preparation is that you can add your personal touch and the result will be wonderful. It all depends on your tastes and that of your family.
If you like it with some broth, you can cook it with the saucepan covered so that the juices do not evaporate. If we want it drier then we must cook it uncovered until it is as we want.
You can play with the vegetables that you add, if you like strong flavors you can put very small chopped olives or capers, it will give it a unique flavor and you will take the recipe to another level.
There are too many variations of this delicious dish, add new ingredients so you can give it your special touch. You can enjoy this recipe as breakfast with some delicious arepas. Or as a main dish at lunch. It is already to everyone’s taste, but when you eat it it will always be a delicious recipe.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 2 kg beef (brisket or shoulder)
- ½ kg Cassava
- 3 green bananas
- 3 white ocum
- ½ kg of pumpkin
- 2 Lt of water (you can use beef broth)
- 2 diced onion
- 1 head of garlic
- 3 sprigs of coriander finely chopped
- 2 sprigs of chives finely chopped
- 6 sweet peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ tablespoon of cumin
- The first thing to do is chop the meat and vegetables into 1 cm thick squares. Now we must cook the meat in water for an hour with salt and half of the chopped seasonings.
- After removing the meat from the saucepan and making sure it is soft, we must strain the broth and reserve it.
- Then fry the other half of the dressings in oil (chives, chili, onion and diced garlic) in the same pot where we parboil the meat
- After our dressings are fried, return the meat to the pot along with the rest of the dressings and cook for 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- The half of the beef broth that we reserved previously must be added to the preparation, along with the yucca, the mole and the squash, chopped into small cubes and cook for 20 more minutes.
- To finish we add the squash, coriander, cumin and salt. Cook for 10 more minutes over high heat. If you feel that the preparation is too dry, you can add a little more beef broth. We rectify the salt levels and serve hot in a deep plate.
We hope you have enjoyed this delicious recipe, make it soon and tell us how it went in the comments.