Without a doubt this is a delicious recipe, this pie is traditional in the United States for Thanksgiving, here I share this delicious and simple recipe so that you are encouraged to make it. If they can’t find pumpkin, they can replace it with sweet pumpkin.
500 grams of pumpkin puree.
3 egg yolks
1 whole egg
1 can of condensed milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
6 balls of sweet pepper
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour plus 2 tablespoons
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of milk
1) We peel our pumpkin
2) We cut it into medium pieces and we take them to cook in water with our cinnamon sticks, cloves and sweet pepper.
3) Once our pumpkin is cooked, we remove it from the pot and drain it.
4) We put our pumpkin alone in the blender and we puree it and reserve the milk.
Preparation of our dough:
1) We preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
2) In a bowl we put our flour, sugar, salt, oil and the 2 tablespoons of milk.
3) We mix everything.
4) We take the dough to the standing container, and we spread it well; We put a parchment paper on top of our dough and we put raw dry beans to take it to the oven so that our dough does not rise.
5) We take our dough to the oven for 15 minutes.
6) While we wait for the 15 minutes of our dough, we make our filling.
Preparation of the filling:
1) In the blender we put our 500 grams of pumpkin puree, the 3 yolks, 1 whole egg, the cinnamon powder, the ginger powder and the nutmeg, the condensed milk and we blend it.
2) Once our dough comes out we remove our parchment paper and raw dried beans.
3) We add our filling to our pre-cooked dough.
4) We take our pie to the oven for approximately 50 minutes or until we see that our edges of our dough are golden brown.
5) Once removed from the oven, let it cool completely.
6) This dessert is to be eaten cold.