This is a recipe that you cannot miss, it really is an easy recipe and which will help you to make those delicious and international Mexican or Texmex dishes that always make you want to make them to surprise our family, and we do not have to buy tortillas for burritos with chemicals or preservatives.
Handmade Tortillas Step by Step for the Dough
There is nothing like some homemade flour tortillas, since by making this recipe you will realize how manageable they are delicious and the most incredible of all is that they are made with basic ingredients from any kitchen.
Makes 12 large flour tortillas
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 Cup of Lard (white) or butter
1 cup of hot water
1) Mix the flour, salt, baking powder.
2) Integrate the butter with the help of a fork or fingertips.
3) Add the hot water little by little until the dough is smooth.
4) Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
5) We divide the dough into 12 balls.
6) We preheat the pan where we are going to cook it.
7) We stretch our balls with the help of a rolling pin, sprinkling them with a little flour so that they do not stick to us.
8) Once well stretched we take them to our very hot pan one by one.
9) We are turning them once we see that they begin to brown.