Today I woke up wanting to invent something delicious for lunch. This dish is super cheap and is very tasty.
Ingredients for the Aubergines parmigiana with peperonata (4 people)
- 1 large Eggplant
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100 grams of mozzarella cheese (or other)
- 4 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
Preparation of the aubergines parmesan with peperonata
- First cut the aubergines into slices and let them soak in salted water for 15 minutes so that they lose their bitter taste and then rinse them.
- Beat the egg with salt and pepper and pass the aubergines through it. Then you pass them in breadcrumbs and fry them in very hot oil. Place them on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- While you prepare the Peperonata (see recipe), fry the paprika, garlic and onion.
- Place the slices of the aubergines on a baking sheet and add two tablespoons of peperonata on top of them and then a piece of mozzarella,
- another slice of aubergine (as if you were making a sandwich) plus peperonata on top of them, finish the layers with the Parmesan cheese
- and au gratin for 5 minutes in the oven !!
You can accompany them with rice or pasta, salad etc. Today I accompanied them with tabula 🙂