The chimichurri is delicious. It can be added to almost any savory recipe that includes red or white meat. It is one of our favorite sauces, since in addition to being tasty, it is very simple to prepare. Perfect for roasts or grills.
It is usually a good companion for meat or fish. It will give all your dishes a very delicious touch.
Although cayenne powder gives it a characteristic spicy flavor, we can discard it without any problem in case you do not like spicy. This sauce can be changed or improved to taste, with any ingredient.
This is a simple and easy recipe to prepare, also very cheap. It is very healthy than those sold in supermarkets and you only need 8 ingredients and 5 minutes of your time to prepare it.
Chimichurri is a typical dressing from Latin American countries such as Argetina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay or Peru.
It is regularly made with oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley and cayenne, among others, although the recipe may change depending on the country or area.
If you are a fan of spicy I used cayenne powder. If you can’t find cayenne, you can use whatever fresh or dried chili you have on hand without a problem.
The chimichurri can be stored. It is important to store the chimichurri properly so that it does not get damaged. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge and it will be in good condition for at least 3 months. If it has a good smell and taste, you can eat it.
Preparation: 5 minutes
• 1/2 cup of oil, (You can use extra virgin olive oil)
• 1/4 cup of vinegar, (You can use apple cider vinegar)
• 2 cloves of garlic in very small pieces
• 4 tablespoons of fresh parsley in very small pieces
• 2 tablespoons oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder (if you want a spicy touch)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Add the ingredients in a bowl and stir until they are all integrated.
2. The chimichurri can be served fresh, but you will have a better result if you let it marinate for 1 or 2 days.
3. You should keep it in an airtight container in the fridge and it will last in good condition for about 3 months. If it smells and tastes good, you can eat it.
Some tips from the chimichurri
• Normally it is recommended to use oil with a neutral flavor, but extra virgin olive oil gives it a unique touch.
• If you want a more liquid sauce with less seasoning, you can add more oil and vinegar, always taking into account that the ratio is 2 to 1.
• Add the herbs or spices you want to give it your special touch.
• If you don’t have fresh garlic, you can use garlic powder without any problem.
• It depends on your tolerance to spiciness add more or less cayenne powder. It is recommended that you start with 1/8 teaspoon and increase until it is to your liking