hearty breakfast bread a delicious recipe was adapted from The Canyon Ranch Cookbook and is a good, hearty bread that makes perfect toast. Drizzle with a bit of honey for some extra sweetness.
Cooking spray, for greasing
Is there anything better than waking up on a slow Saturday to the smell of homemade bread baking in the oven? Make the most of your mornings, and try out one of our favorite breakfast bread recipes. We have options for every palate, from our savory Buttermilk Biscuits to our sweet Orrange Rolls. Enjoy these breakfast breads with a mug of coffee or tea, and for the kids, serve with a glass of milk.
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raisins
How to Prepare hearty breakfast bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease all sides of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, bran, oats, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, egg and vanilla. Pour into flour mixture and mix until combined. Stir in raisins until combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from center of loaf. Allow to cool before slicing.